Launch Edition - JWA SS1
ULTRA-LIMITED TIME SCULPTURE
The Launch Edition represents the core of Wilbur's potent design and character and was the first official small-batch offering under the WILBUR brand. It was initially launched in secret specifically for friends and fans. It is the essence of a true statement piece born from Mr. Wilbur’s design methods shaped by his experience in advanced vehicle and automotive design. The Launch Edition has since expanded to include various references and is proudly made in the USA.
The Launch Edition is the essence of a true statement timepiece inspired by Mr. Wilbur’s experience in advanced vehicle and automotive design. While a decade was spent designing high-end timepieces and vehicles, Wilbur wanted to create a timepiece to Launch the new Wilbur brand starting with the “simplest and most reliable” automatic movement and surround it with the level of design and execution only seen on his most daring of works, and most importantly, designed and developed using the advanced research & development techniques used to design advanced vehicles. The Launch Edition was created to “make some noise”, not to follow industry rules.
The main design concept was to create chassis-like architectural structures that make up the watch case, making for an extremely technical feel. The dial and movement components are similarly constructed to be “suspended” within the case while the chapter ring “floats” above the dial. All of this makes for a time-sculpture with a ton of character and multiple levels of depth that is just as fun from any angle it is viewed from.
A SERIOUS CASE
9-Part Patent-Pending modular construction Exo-Chassis case. Modular construction with skeletonized exterior case components. Water Resistant to 100 meters.
Launch big-3D dial with floating glass chapter ring and movement suspension structure.
The Launch Edition is designed and built in USA with a Japanese made movement.
• 44.00mm X 44.00mm bezel / X 16.02mm thick not including lugs & crown
• 9-Part Modular Exo-Chassis Case
• Sapphire Crystals with Anti Reflective Coating
• 100 Meter Water Resistance
• Hand Finished
• Exhibition Back
• 316L Steel
• Machined Carbon Fiber
Combinations vary based on reference.
Movement & Dial:
• In-house regulated, Wilbur-modified, Japanese Seiko Automatic Movement 24 Jewels
• VPH 21’600 bph / 3 HZ
• 41 Hour Power Reserve
• Patent-Pending “Suspended” Dial & Movement Structure
• 3D Hand-finished details with semi-transparent dial
• Suspended outer chapter ring-in glass
• Time and Date Function
• Launch Rotor
• Luminescent Hands and Hour Indices
• Exhibition Back
• Standard straps fit wrist sizes from 6.25"- 8.6"
• Silicone Bolt-on Strap offered in black
• Ballistic Nylon or Leather with contrast stitching
• Bolt-on buckle